JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager Talent Management
l Development – develop new policy, if any and implement initiatives for development of all executive staff especially better performers. Provide all necessary background for key post and individual succession planning.
l Mentor Area HR Managers development and guidance and support on ongoing basis. l Work out alternative Career Options based on skills and business opportunity.
· Directing EDR (Employee development review), ECDP (Executive Career Development Programme of structured development for A/B Grade managers’s); by facilitating individual Development, by counseling managers with respect to Career.
· Developing suitable career and succession plans for the Executive team across Customer Groups.
· Liaising actively with Training & Development Team to ensure the actioning of the Developmental Plans identified during Development review.
· Ensuring that Area HR Managers are well briefed on the latest developments in Development. Provide guidance and support on an ongoing basis.
· By working out a manual detailing out the major alternative career tracks that could be followed within Customer Groups
The job holder requires a clear understanding of how the Banks different businesses operate, and their personnel environment. The jobholder supports the change to a service and sales culture through identification of the right people for a pre-determined competency group required for the job. Matching Career Aspirations with business needs requires jobholder to utilise creative thinking in resolving various individual problems encountered, besides employing new concepts for development. Policy development and implementation across varied Customer groups requires good conceptual ability.
Other significant challenges include: The role requires a lot of influencing skills to get the buy-in of the management to the various initiatives. Further it requires the active support of the line management to implement the initiatives.
- The incumbent needs to possess: PG in HR from XL / TISS.
- Exposure to talent management in a generalist / specialist role
- 2-3 years of experience (2003/2004 batch)