Experience: 3-9 years
Educational Background: Possess a Computer Science or other technical undergraduate degree, or have a degree in English and relevant experience as a technical writer.
* Have a strong understanding of professional web application concepts and techniques, such as networks, application servers, XML, J2EE, or application integration. Alternatively, have a strong technical background with the aptitude to grasp technical content and interpret it.
* Have in-depth FrameMaker expertise, and an understanding of Quadralay WebWorks conversion technologies
* Have experience using HTML tools, online help tools, source control systems, defect tracking systems, and XML tools
* Demonstrate the mental agility and flexibility to rapidly and accurately analyze technical problems
* Have an eye for detail
* Have the technical aptitude to quickly pick up new software tools
* Be responsible & accountable for tasks assigned
* Take initiative and drive initiatives to completion
* Be adept at writing in different styles to cater to different types of information and audiences
* Work with cross-functional (even across the globe) teams to identify and plan the scope of work.
* Work independently, without supervision, and follow-up on release deliverables to their logical conclusion.
* Mentor newbies and team members.
* Work with Manager and project members to ensure smooth operations.
* Resolve any outstanding or critical issues as and when required.
* Be comfortable to work with myriad documentation types, such as: Tutorials, API Documentation, User Guides.
* Understand the BEA documentation process in totality including tools used for automation, delivery methodology and so on.
* Design and implement processes to ensure high quality documentation is released by each team member, and consistently at that.
* Be a role model by displaying a strong sense of commitment to ensure timely dispatch of quality deliverables, no matter what it takes.
* Expand responsibilities i.e. deliverables across products and not sequester writing skills exclusively for one product.
Interested contact email@example.com
Click to join hrfunda
Wednesday, March 08, 2006